« Home | Presenting the HUC2 » | TripJax is the champion. » | Finals - best 3 out of 5 » | Round 2 Current Results » | Heads-Up Challenge Details » | GCox's Final Round 1 Results » | TripJax's Final Round 1 Results » | SteelerJosh's Final Round 1 Results » | Mourn's Final Round 1 Results » | Jordan's Final Round 1 Results » 

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 

HUC2 Bracket

I'm too e-tarded to actually post a bracket, so use your imagination and pretend that there is a bracket drawn out to see who you will play in the next round.

1 MtDewVirus
___________2 Drizztdj
2 Drizztdj
_______________________________2 Drizztdj
3 DonkeyPuncher
___________3 DonkeyPuncher
4 GCox25

5 SteelerJosh
___________6 Veneno
6 Veneno
__________________________8 Poker Twitch
7 Loopy
___________8 Poker Twitch
8 Poker Twitch

9 High Plains Drifter
___________9 High Plains Drifter
10 Aussie Dave
__________________________9 High Plains Drifter
11 SirFWalgman
___________11 SirFWalgman
12 Will Wonka

13 C-Mitch
___________13 C-Mitch
14 TripJax
__________________________16 100-2-Infinity
15 HighOnPoker
___________16 100-2-Infinity
16 100-2-Infinity

I want to wish good luck to all the contestants and check out the Commish's blog for the actual start date.

G

Nothing like diving right in by facing off against the reigning champion. I will either have some respect after the 1st round or will be a faint memory.

Don't sweat it, Mitch. He's really not that good. None of us are that good.

My prediction is that one of the new entries wins this thing going away. Could be you.

G

So that's how it's gonna be is it?!

LOL

Man I just saw DoublAs wanted in...too late to add a couple more people?

It's up to Jordan, but it's fine with me. The more the merrier. I'm freerollin'

G

Actually, unless we were to use some sort of bye system, unless I'm not thinking correctly, the only way it will work is if we have 8, 16, or 32. We are obviously past the 8 stage, and I don't think we'll make it to the 32 to stage, so I guess 16 will have to do.

I'm not sure how we could fairly introduce a bye system so I guess we should stick to 16. I just hate a prior HUChallenger won't be able to get in on it for HUC2...

I can't find a way to make it work. Can't have round 2 be round robin because it would take too long and too much money. I need more time to think. As of now, DoubleAs is an alternate. If someone can't play, then he'll come in.

that works...no need to complicate it...

and, hey, doesn't he have a book to be writing!!!

j/k doubleas, if you can't play you'll be missed...

You could always see if another 16 will join by [insert date] and make that the other bracket. If there aren't enough, then just move with the original 16.

I'm with DP.. let's try to get another 16...

I am proposing a Loser's Tournament. The losers from Round 1 should let me know if they are interested. If someone is not interested, we can always bring in the alternates (we had 3 interested parties). This is still just an idea in its infant stages. Also, feel free to IM me for a non-HUC heads-up match.

Where do we post results? I took Wonkah out. Who is next?

btw, I emailed Jordan my info (Friday evening I think), and added Aussie Dave to my aol/yahoo/ultimatebuddy lists. Haven't seen him yet.

Is there a way to know when people are on?

I only use YahooIM and very rarely play on UB (except to lose money to Daddy playing Crazy Pineapple...)

I am doing my best to arrange meetings amongst players. Drizz, email me. I think you are one of the only email addresses I don't have. Once I have that, I'll pass you along MtDewVirus' info.

Let's finish Round 1 by Sunday night (Oct. 30). Good luck to all.

Any losers interested in a loser's bracket, let me know.

SirF, I'm next. I defeated Aussie Dave last night (despite a horrid donkey call when he had pocket kings). Yosoyveneno was watching, and scouting the competition, I think.

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Loopy and I will be playing tomorrow (10/26) at 11:15 AM (Eastern). Feel free to come by and sweat Loopy.

Me and MtDewVirus played last night.

I won 2 and 1. Please have mercy on me for the second round, the first round was way too much thinking then I'm capable of.

If another tourney breaks out, or another bracket opens up, gimme a buzzard.

Loopy and I played this morning and I (just barely) beat him in 2 rounds. Great game Loopy.

SirF and I just finished our first two matches. I took the first, and he evened up in the second. The rubber match will probably be Friday.

Veneno and I just finished up our second round HUC and ummm...I won. Stunning upset victory by the short guy but there you have it.

HEY! WTF! Why is High Plains ahead of me in the bracket? Is that a shot at me? CMON! Lets go!

heh. Were are tied 1-1 and going to play the 3rd one tonight I think..

In the deciding match..

Within the first ten hands, SirF flopped a straight, and got a lot of my chips. Stupid top pair. I stuck around with 500 or so chips, and somewhere in my journey back, I pulled a river suckout on him.

I pulled even, then a little ahead. Then I flopped the nut straight.

SirF turned a lesser straight, and it was over.

I am looking forward to the Round of 4. At the same time I must congratulate SirF. He is insanely difficult to play against, and I'm not going to argue with anybody that says he outplayed me for our 3 matches.

I've sent emails to CMitch and 100-2, and also a different one to DonkeyPuncher telling them to arrange their matches and providing contact info. I dont have Drizz's contact info, so Drizz, if you see this, contact DonkeyPuncher. Thanks.

Commish

Also, thank you all for making this Challenge a success so far. Remember to amass your $25 via Neteller, UB, or check, so that payment can be made to the eventual winners. Rock on!

100-2 and I are playing tonight at 8:30 PM EST, if anyone wants to railbird us. Please don't laugh too hard when I get stomped though. :)

CMitch v. Trauma (100-2-Infinity)
Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2005
8:30 PM
UB Amphitheatre

"Two will enter. One will win."

100-2 Infinity took me down. 2-1. My set lost to his straight and my top pair with KQ lost to his K7 after we got all the money in on a K high flop and he hit the 7 on the river.

Good Luck in the next round 100-2

Drizz gave me a solid beat-down tonight. He was the victor in round 2.

Keep it up Drizz!

I still dislike shorthanded play.

Almost as much as my disdain for NLHE.

Well played DP, maybe we should have just played LO8 or 2-7 draw instead and had more fun :P

psst, commish. shoot me an email with my opponent's contact info. I only know his UB screenname.

For those of you who would like to railbird a final four matchup. Drizzt and I are going to try for a Thursday night matchup. Not exactly sure about the exact time, but it'll probably be around 9 or 10 EST. Come one come all. Stupidity becomes even more powerful in larger groups.

I've been online less than normal recently, but I do have Infinity's on my yahoo and UB buddylist. Nothing scheduled as of yet.

Infinity's on to the Finals, two games to none over me. The matches had a little back 'n forth, but the best player won.

I knew something was amiss when I started Round 1 taking down pots with aces, queens, and a suited hammer in the first ten hands, and Infinity countered with quads and a straight flush in the next ten hands.

Drizzt took me out the other day in 2 as well so it looks like the final matchup for the HUC2 will be Drizzt Vs. Trauma. Good luck guys.

Post a Comment