« Home | Payout Structure for 32 players » | And the Competitors are.... » | Information for Competitors.... » | Sign-up Has Closed » | Heads Up is Coming.... » | The First Competitors have been Selected » | Heads-Up Challenge #3 » | We Have a Winner » | There can only be ONE » | HUC2 Bracket » 

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 

Update for Competitors

Hello Everyone,

I'm sure you are all excited about our upcoming event. It all starts this Thursday on March 23rd.

Most everything is coming together. We have the 32 Competitors. All but 3 have paid their money into the prize fund. And the time slots seem to be coming together.

Aside from the group that will play at 4 p.m. Everyone else for the most part is available for 9 or 10 pm slots. There may have been some confusion because initially I tried to be flexible for all. Sorry, this is my first time coordinating. I think I have learned a few things for next time.

So just to be clear. The time slots are set for either 9 or 10 p.m. EST.

Okay..now for the hiccup..

Apparently Poker Stars does not offer the 4 person HU structure in a private event. WeakPlayer, as an affiliate, tried to get things worked out on that end, but without success. We can still set-up the private games, but the payout will be for top 3 places I think and not just 1st place. (read the email chain below if you are curious).

Not to worry, we are not going to let this get in the way. You will have 2 options. I know, I know..options...I would like to just tell you to pick option #1, but I realize that may not work for all.

Before I get to the options, let me tell you what I did. Once I got the rejection email from Poker Stars, I started to explorer solutions. I shot an email to Full Tilt with the details of the structure for this event. Told them to rush this because we already had a group of poker players ready for this event. This morning I got the response from them that the private tables are all set-up and ready to go. Wow. Awesome. That is the kind of service that I like to see. So if you are willing to switch over to play at Full Tilt. It is ready to go.

If you need a funds transfer, I can do it for a few people. And maybe a few others can swing it.

#1 - Play at Full Tilt at either 9 PM or 10 PM.

#2 - Play at Poker Stars - and if you do not win the event, transfer the prize to me and I will transfer to the winner.

(Group at 4 PM, I need all of you to be in aggreement on where to play. So let me know where).

At first I was pretty disappointed at this little hurtle, but once I realize we can still work it out. It was okay. I hope you feel the same way.

So, to get your password and table assignment. Do the following.

Reply to this post with option #1 or #2 and time slot 9 PM or 10 PM.

I will start assignments in order of response. That will be an easy way to put people together.

Happy Head Hunting!!!!!!!!!

Fired my email off to you already, but thought I'd put this up here for everyone to consider:

"I don't know if this is even possible but it would sure be nice to play more than one match with each person you play. A best of 3 or 5(even better) would make it a more balanced competition and wouldn't take that much longer."

just and idea

sol.

http://www.sollucas.com

Hey V and all...I've already sent a mail, but here it goes again:

Two thumbs up for the FullTilt option...you can put me down for one of the 9pm slots...

I'm good with FTP!

Maybe someone can get a "Pro" to play the winner for the 'Grand Finale'???

Honestly, I have money at both, though I'd prefer FTP, especially if they're offering private tables. I'm in for 10pm.

FullTilt is fine with me
if someone could a funds transfer.
I would prefer 9
peace
wwonka

email me at wwonka.AT.charter.net

Full Tilt sounds good, 10PM would be better for me!

Post a Comment